Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Grieving over loss

A loss will forever be painful no matter how much time has lapsed. A loss is a loss. It can never be undone. Some we regret. Some taught us but at a very expensive price.

Loss means an end of something. For some it may mean an end of a relationship, a death of a loved one, an opportunity that passed. Sometimes I want to analyze why even after such a long time, this loss always feel fresh once it triggers our memory. Maybe because a loss is not to be overcome by time. It is a permanent scar that can never be erased.

Why does loss hurt so much? Is it because a loss usually comes at the time we dont expect? It hurts so much because we were so comfortable in our lives that when it disappeared, it disturbed us and didnt give us the peace of mind? Was it because there were things left undone and unsaid? Usually a loss is tied to a regret. Regret to say sorry, regret to show your feelings, regret to have changed the course of history only if you have done something else to prevent it from happening.

But then again, what can we do? The past is the past. What we can only do is face reality. It's gone. It's lost. It's the end. As much as it is painful, we have to create more things that will fill that void inside of us. Yes it is painful and I can attest to it, even now. It will never be completely healed in the sense that it wont hut again after x number of years. But to be honest, it's just really like that and I cant do much about it. Grieving is normal. If the memory triggers, I just let myself grieve and wipe my tears then continue with what im doing.

Again, crying doesnt mean a woman is weak. It only means she has been strong enough for too long that sometimes she just breaks down in tears but then knows wipe them and stand again on her feet.


Lord, I ask you to pray for healing. I pray that whatever experience I underwent, let it be tools for you to form me into a better person. Let You use me and my experiences so that I can better serve you Lord. Let me be transparent so that through me they can see Your goodness. I humbly pray that you bless me as I continue my journey, whatever direction I take, let me walk with You Lord. This I pray, Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home