Sunday, July 15, 2012

Positivity is power


I am the woman who is about to change your life.

By first impression, I look meek, the quiet girl in the corner. I’m easily forgettable. People rarely remember my name but give me a few chances to be involved in your life, and I’ll be the woman you’ll never forget.

You might think I’m such a genius to be able to say these things, or a prophet or a scientist, or a business tycoon. Well to disappoint all of you, I am not. I am a simple person, anonymous yet full of positivity and idealism in life.

To give you my definition of positivity, it means that to be positive is not just to see and think that everything is good, beautiful and has a purpose. My definition of positivity is seeing the good and beautiful despite the chaos and cruelty this world presents. By staying positive, I don’t just let any mishap or disappointments rub me off my happiness. Truth is, positivity is key to being happy and that’s how I am. Positive and happy.

Staying positive also draws people. Let me ask you a question. If given the chance to spend some time with a positive person and a negative person, who would you choose? Just imagine listening to all the complaints, rants and pessimism the negative person brings. Who would want to be with that? Now imagine spending quality conversations with someone who shares uplifting insights, inspiring words and encouragement, wouldn’t it be nice and mentally refreshing? Now as you see, between a negative and a positive person, people are drawn towards the positive minded people. They say, Stay away from people who suck your happiness out of you. Instead, be among people who would motivate you to improve yourself. That’s the power of positivity. It is a magnet that draws people and transforms others as well.

There was a time when I was the exact opposite, when I was Ms Negativity. I would always complain about how tired I was at work, how I’m stuck with my job and just really had a bad childhood. Tell you what, I just grew grumpier every day and people were just fed up about me saying the same old rants and just grew tired listening to me. But when my turning point came, you can never see me complain (well, not as much), you can always see me bright and smiling and saying words of gratitude and encouragement. One by one, people came to me. Some would ask me what’s my secret and people would sometimes envy why I’m always happy while they’re not. People were sending me messages of compliment in return and telling me how I inspire them a lot and proud of me. The best part is when my positivity became my power that I am able not to just transform my own life but others as well. People ask me for help and I cheerfully extend it to them. I have been a living testament that positivity is powerful.

I would like to share with you a saying from Mahatma Gandhi. He says,
 “Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviour. Keep your behaviour positive because your behaviour becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.”

So how do we stay positive? Unfortunately, there’s no formula to it. You just got to do it. You are the only one who can help yourself.  Think of ways. Maybe some inspirational notes would help, or having a friend keep track of your goals or remind yourself of all the things to be thankful for each day. It’s always a constant conscious decision to be for or against happiness. Who says positivity is easy? Nothing comes easy in this world. Every man shall toil and reap his fruit but between a negative person and a positive person who live in the same world as we all do, it’s better to be happy right?

 So now I call upon all of you. Do you want to transform your life? Then I dare you to follow me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home