Friday, July 13, 2012

"Promotion"


I just got my “semi-promotion” in a span of a month. Ever since I entered this company, I have already been so thankful for presenting me this opportunity to get a job. Even if I got the lowest of ranks, placed as Admin asst, I have never complained. I’m not the picky type too. I enjoy servicing people no matter how much manual labor it needs or how simple they are from photocopying, to binding, to ordering food, to scanning to stapling. I have forever been grateful primary because of the trust that was given to me by the bosses.

Now that I’m being given the opportunity to explore another department, I immediately said yes in my heart although I maxed out the deliberation time given to me. It would entail a lot of sacrifices too. First of all, I would have to sacrifice my weekends and holidays and would be on call, depends on my product. This means I might have to skip my public speaking classes, basketball shoot outs, cancel meet-ups and lack sleep. Also, I might not be able to cook anymore. I also need to buy a mobile plan already. I would also be based outdoors so even if sweating is not a great idea, I’d still give it a try.

Why?

Basically, why am I in Singapore anyway if I do not learn or grow? I need to go beyond my comfort zones to maximize my stay. Even if the pay is the same for a more difficult job, I’d take it. I am a frustrated medical person as well. I really want to learn more about health and medical stuff anyway.

I also prayed for knowledge. I think this is the answer. Sometimes when you encounter something, you gotta remember what you prayed for. Again, be careful what you wish for. I just know that this is for me. If I don’t give it a try, how would I know if it would work for me right?

You know what cringes me though? I’ll be encountering cadavers and blood. OMG.

So Help me God.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home