Thursday, July 19, 2012

Where is wisdom?


What makes a man intelligent? For most of us, when we were still young, intelligence is based on grades, on numbers, on IQ. It somehow defines us and our esteem back then. But as we grow older, we realize that intelligence is usually associated with wisdom. But for me, intelligence sometimes is confined to particular situations, like what happened and how you attacked a problem and solved it. But wisdom is different. Wisdom is brought about by a series of life changing experiences, a series of ups and downs, successes and failures. It is not tied to a particular situation or incident. A person may have done an intelligent decision but he is not necessarily wise. An wise person may not have always the intelligent answers but a wise man knows how to look for them while acknowledging his lack of knowledge. A wise man can not be matched with a big brain or a high IQ. It is the compilation of life lessons that teach him how to act and decide.

There are times when I’m being attacked as unintelligent. Yet I admit I’m not at the top of my batch. People would label me as slow, or maybe I’m ignorant in things but give me chances to learn and I’ll learn them. Give me chances to let you see that I can also do the things you do. I may not be born intelligent but I can learn. I just need people to believe I can. This has taught me to be wise. While people keep aiming at my intelligence, I try to strengthen my other aspects such as my motivation, determination and faith that I will get by. No, I will not just get by, I will allow myself to learn and undergo. My motto in life has always been, “Everything will pay off in the end”.

Somehow I usually think I am measured by my salary, my position, my fame. But not all of us can be exactly the same right? If all of us were managers, then how will the world go round? We need different roles. I just have a different role to play. Being wise in this aspect doesn’t mean I can be the most intelligent person. I am just more aware of my capabilities and what I cant do to help me best decide on a situation. I know I still am not the smartest or the most knowledgeable, but then again, we can all try to get a little better than yesterday. In every way we can, then we learn. As long as we commit to making an effort, we are already winning against our own selves.

It is never a matter of how good are you in a particular aspect. It’s always about who has the right attitude. Moving forward is not about having the best position. As the word implies, moving forward means, you have to go a distance from point A to point B. You don’t have to start in a high rung. As long as you’re moving forward, you’re on the right track. So keep it up and good luck. Wisdom will come along the way.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home